This role is front and center of strategic priority and an opportunity to join an organization that is the voice of Canada's upstream oil and natural gas industry. Grow your career with an established organization that supports the responsible growth of our industry as we advocate for economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance. This position reports directly to the Manager, Tax and Fiscal Policy.
The role focus will include:
- Support to CAPP policy & regulatory formulation in the area of taxation and fiscal policy.
- Liaise with CAPP staff and members to assess public policy and regulatory implications for the energy sector in addition to supporting the relevant CAPP member committees in the areas of federal and provincial corporate income tax policy, sales taxes, duties and excise taxes, property tax, and petroleum/corporate accounting.
- Keep apprised of and proactively address key issues related to tax and fiscal policy levers in the energy sector that will improve Canada’s competitiveness with other jurisdictions.
- Support policy submissions and interface with government departments at the federal and provincial level.
- Other requirements as assigned by Manager, Tax and Fiscal Policy.
- 3-5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry focused on federal and provincial taxation issues.
- Excellent skills in negotiations, non-authoritative leadership, stakeholder engagement, conflict resolution, written and oral presentations.
- Experience in the sphere of public policy development and government advocacy would be a definite asset.
- Post-secondary education in business (e.g. B.B.A., B. Comm.) coupled with a relevant designation (e.g. CPA, CMA,) preferred.