Position Summary:The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers is seeking an Administrative Assistant, based in Calgary. This position reports directly to the VP, Communications. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the VP and to the Managers in the Communications group.
In addition, the incumbent (under the direction of the Executive Assistant to the President) will infrequently be required to assist in providing coverage as part of the broader administrative team at CAPP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIn providing direct administrative support to the VP, Communications, duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing schedule and coordinating travel
- Completing expense reports for VP
- Interfacing with senior external contacts (including government officials, members, media, consultants)
- Coordinating meetings (internal and external) and preparing meeting material and notes
- Developing and maintaining vacation schedules for the department
- Assisting with preparation of presentations, speeches and other internal and external communications material
- Conducting research and compiling information under the direction of the VP
- Facilitating preparation of budgets and accountability reports
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements and cost efficiencies in the department
- Ensuring that day-to-day activities in the department are managed in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Forward planning to identify and resolve potential issues
- Attend executive policy group meetings and provide summary notes
- Assisting in scheduling and organizing meetings (internal and external), including scheduling pre-meetings as necessary to discuss agenda items, drafting and finalizing meeting agendas, issuing meeting materials, assisting with meeting logistics (organizing meeting rooms and AV, ordering catering, monitoring RSVPs, etc.), taking meeting notes and issuing meeting summaries (at the discretion of the Managers)
- Assisting with preparation of correspondence and presentation material
- Providing support related to communications logistics for the department – mailing publications, creating labels, etc.
- Ensuring that an effective document management system is in place for the department and filing material (paper or electronic) as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in a similar administrative role
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma in administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft package; Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Sensitivity to working with confidential material
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a changing environment and priorities
- A positive attitude, integrity and excellent judgment
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and high attention to detail
CAPP offers its employees a competitive compensation package; professional development opportunities; exposure to key industry members and involvement in major industry issues in a dynamic, collaborative and professional work environment.