The role focus will include:
- Responsible for quantitative data collection and economic model population.
- Liaise with CAPP Economists to assess socioeconomic benefits of public policy implications for the energy sector.
- Assist in the management of CAPP external economic consultants.
- Keep apprised of and proactively address regulatory, environmental, economic, and social policy issues related to the energy sector.
- Lead the researching of economic policy submissions and assist in the formation of fiscal policy positions and interface with government departments.
- Other requirements as needed may include liaising with the investment community.
- 3-5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with experience in economic modelling, will consider a recent university graduate with an exemplary academic record and strong economic modelling capabilities.
- Strong written and oral communication, leadership, negotiation, stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills are required.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, SEDAR, EDGAR, StatsCan and other fiscal tools an asset.
- Post-secondary education preferably in economics/or business (e.g. B.A., B. Comm.) or equivalent; graduate degree would be an asset (e.g. M.A. Econ, MBA) or relevant designation (e.g. CPA, CFA).
Please send cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2017 referencing “Financial Analyst, Fiscal & Economic Policy Group” in the subject line. We thank all those who respond; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note, given the urgency of this position CAPP will be reviewing résumés and interviewing qualified candidates prior to competition close. Applicants may be considered for future opportunities in the Fiscal & Economics Group.