The successful candidate has extensive knowledge of the Canadian oil and gas industry, proven ability to meet the needs of multiple clients and has a professional proficiency in French. The candidate has a broad range of communication, critical thinking and technical skills to research, create content, and manage issues, as well as build and maintain relationships and networks within the federal government.
As the successful candidate, you will work with CAPP’s Policy team to advise the executive team on issues specific to the upstream petroleum industry. This includes:
- Assess and advocate for improvement to federal economic policy, legislation and regulations
- Work to enhance the competitiveness of the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Represent CAPP on government-led committees
- Coordinate analysis and issues management with CAPP managers and E-Team
- Articulate CAPP policy positions to government, communicate developments to CAPP board, EPGs, committees and communications.
- Coordinate and advise development and maintenance of forecasting models, as required
- Support internal CAPP organizational requirements
You are an innovative team player; possess first-rate writing and editing skills; have excellent analysis and project management skills. You have a professional proficiency in English and French. You have extensive experience in creating and editing presentation materials. You are a team player, but able to provide consistent effort with limited supervision. A background in the petroleum sector is preferred but not required.
You have an Undergraduate degree in economics or business (e.g. B.A., B. Comm.), graduate degree recommended (e.g. M.A., MBA); good understanding of oil and gas fiscal regimes, tax and accounting regulations; good understanding of political decision-making process; excellent skills in negotiations, non-authoritative leadership, conflict resolution, writing and oral presentations.
CAPP offers its employees a competitive compensation package; professional development opportunities; exposure to key industry members; and involvement in major industry issues in a dynamic, collaborative and professional work environment.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected] by October 21, 2016 with “Manager – Economic Policy Ottawa” in the subject line. We thank those that respond. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
CAPP Core Values
Make a Difference
|Find a Way
| Be a Leader
|| Be Good to Each Other