CAPP is looking for an Oil Sands Manager to join a fast-paced team of professionals that is responsible for the development of and presents CAPP’s positions on government policy and regulatory frameworks, requirements and processes in relation to the Alberta oil sands. This is a full time position reporting directly to the Vice President, Oil Sands Operations. This senior position works within a small team of experienced professionals and also provides guidance to staff and external consultants.Your role focus will include:
- Keep apprised of and proactively address regulatory, environmental, economic, and social policy issues related to oil sands. Key priorities include: royalties, value-add, liability, tailings and water policy and regulation.
- Provide in-depth advice and analysis to CAPP members in the development of positions strategies, plans, and programs for managing issues and responses to all levels of government
- Lead the development of submissions to and interface with government departments and agencies on substantive and procedural enhancements of fiscal, regulatory and environmental applications and approvals
- Work closely with CAPP staff and member companies, associations, stakeholders, and regulators, to develop consensus solutions to oil sands issues
- Present CAPP’s views to diverse audiences in a broad range of media and forums; in both educational and advocacy roles
- Support the development of performance and communication tools, and responses to media requests
- Maintain strong relationships and liaise with CAPP staff, CAPP members, governments, regulators, external companies, associations, and public interest groups to identify and address emerging issues and priorities, to pursue desired policy changes, and to provide information on and enhance their understanding of CAPP’s activities and positions
Specialized knowledge in policy and the legislative/regulatory framework related to the oil sands; post-secondary education, preferably in Economics, Business or Public Administration; 10 or more years of experience in the oil and natural gas industry with experience in oil sands related projects, policies, and regulatory process, as well as experience in dealing with the government and its agencies. Strong written and oral communication, leadership, negotiation, stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills are required.
Please send cover letter and résumé in confidence to [email protected] by December 4, 2016 mentioning “Manager, Oil Sands” in the subject line. We thank all those who respond. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position reports directly to the Vice President, Oil Sands Operations.
Vision Statement:CAPP’s Vision is to enhance Canada’s prosperity by enabling responsible growth of Canada’ upstream oil and gas industry.
Mission Statement:Our Mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and gas industry, is to advocate for and enable:
- Economic Competitiveness; and,
- Safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
- Competitiveness, in North America and globally, so as to attract the capital necessary to grow production and expand markets and to deliver value to the Canadian public and to our investors; and,
- Public Confidence from governments, Aboriginal peoples, the public, stakeholders and the communities in which we operate, which will be determined by:
- Our collective performance, as measured by continuous improvement and comparison to world class benchmarks; and,
- The effectiveness of our communications and outreach.
CAPP Culture:We will consistently demonstrate the core values of honesty, integrity, trust and transparency.
Our culture will also consistently reflect the following attributes:
- Responsibility and accountability for results delivery;
- Forward-looking leadership;
- Teamwork, collaboration and mutual support;
- Timely and effective communications; and,
- Professional development for staff.