The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers provides a unified voice for the upstream petroleum industry.
As a CAPP member, you will receive access to the following services:
- A negotiation partner
- Official representation by CAPP through negotiations with and presentations to government and other stakeholders.
- An opportunity to participate in committees to review, analyze and recommend industry policy positions in Canada and the United States
- Invitations to CAPP seminars, workshops and conferences
- Promotion opportunities for your company at CAPP's annual Canadian Oil and Gas Investment Symposium
- Representation on multi-sector international, federal and provincial consultation bodies.
- Access to our secure online member network providing industry trends, statistics and CAPP presentation materials
- Regularly emailed "Context Weekly" updates on issues important to the oil and gas industry.
Research and Innovation
- Access to research information through CAPP's Environmental Research Advisory Council (ERAC) program.
- Access to the Basic Safety Program model
- Blanket coverage under federal and provincial Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- Opportunity to participate in the Association Plan – a group benefits buying pool.
- A channel for media and social media support, information and opportunities.
- Free copies of CAPP's industry outlook, annual forecast, reserves reports, member focused magazine and other industry related fact books.
CAPP represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and crude oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 90 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and crude oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream crude oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a $120-billion-a-year national industry that provides essential energy products.