The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents member companies that produce about 90 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and crude oil.
CAPP’s Vision is to enhance Canada’s prosperity by enabling responsible growth of Canada’ upstream oil and gas industry.
Our Mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and gas industry, is to advocate for and enable:
- Economic Competitiveness; and,
- Safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
This means achieving the following outcomes for our industry:
- Competitiveness, in North America and globally, so as to attract the capital necessary to grow production and expand markets and to deliver value to the Canadian public and to our investors; and,
- Social License from governments, Aboriginal peoples, the public, stakeholders and the communities in which we operate, which will be determined by:
- Our collective performance, as measured by continuous improvement and comparison to world class benchmarks; and,
- The effectiveness of our communications and outreach.
The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and crude oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 90 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and crude oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream crude oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues of about $110 billion a year. CAPP’s mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and gas industry, is to advocate for and enable economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.