The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 80 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues from oil and natural gas production of about $101 billion a year. CAPP’s mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and natural gas industry, is to advocate for and enable economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
CAPP has an immediate opening for a communications advisor to fulfill a full-time contract role ending December 31, 2020. This position is located in Calgary, Alberta and reports to the manager, content and creative and has no direct reports.
This is an opportunity for a mid-level communications professional who is motivated to learn, grow and contribute to the overall communications program at CAPP. The communications advisor should be a communications generalist, with experience in strategic development and implementation of marketing and corporate communications programs, creative and brand management, digital asset management and internal communications. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and project manager that commands a wide range of communications skills.
- Work directly with the manager, content and creative to create and implement marketing and corporate communications strategies
- Actively manage CAPP brand and creative projects, ensuring innovative, proactive production of communications materials and coordination of design schedule to ensure delivery on time and budget
- Enhance public confidence and trust in the oil and natural gas industry
- Actively execute internal communications strategy and build internal communications processes, procedures and tools
- Ensure strategic and operational alignment with CAPP campaigns, media relations, outreach and government relations in addition to CAPP member companies to leverage strategy and buy-in for identified tactics and delivery of plan
- Provide strategic counsel on marketing and communications requirements while maintaining alignment to CAPP’s communications and engagement strategy
Qualifications and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in marketing, communications/public relations or related degree/diploma
- Minimum three to five years of progressive experience in the communications field
- First-rate communications skills, including presentation and writing skills
- Relevant work experience; oil and gas industry preferred
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Analytical proficiency to determine needs and opportunities and recommend action and response
- Awareness of geo and demographic differences, in order to design and execute activities suitable to distinct markets and customers
- Demonstrated rigor in upholding and improving process
- Ability to prioritize tasks and exercise sound judgment
- Must be eligible to work in Canada legally
- Committed to CAPP’s core values
- Team player with a commitment to accountability, leadership and the ability to present opinions, work towards consensus and manage conflicting opinions and directions
- Enjoys working independently, quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines
- Personable, persistent, confident and comfortable working with all levels within the organization
- Detail focused
- Travel may be required.
- After hours and weekend work may be required.
Please send your cover letter and résumé in confidence to email@example.com by June 23, 2019 referencing “communications advisor” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note, given the urgency of this position, CAPP will be reviewing résumés and interviewing qualified candidates prior to competition close.