The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 80 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and oil. CAPP's associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream oil and natural gas industry.
Together CAPP's members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues from oil and natural gas production of about $101 billion a year. CAPP’s mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and natural gas industry, is to advocate for and enable economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
CAPP has an immediate requirement for a financial analyst to join a dynamic team of professionals within the fiscal and economic group. The successful candidate will have a strong analytical and technical background to support fiscal and economic issues through quantitative analysis along with a number of high-profile initiatives and projects for the Canadian upstream oil and natural gas industry.
This role is primarily responsible for analysis supporting the development of CAPP’s positions on government policy and assisting in the coordination of project teams comprised of industry experts with diverse backgrounds. In this role, the candidate will liaise with senior energy professionals from CAPP member companies and help to formulate industry positions on challenges facing the energy sector.
This is a Calgary, Alberta based full-time one year contract position reporting to the Manager, Fiscal and Economic Policy.
- Detailed financial modelling
- Perform due diligence necessary to model proposed/current policies, including research and database analysis
- Analyze and make recommendations on simultaneous energy-related issues
- Liaise with CAPP economists to assess socioeconomic benefits of public policy implications for the energy sector
- Keep apprised of and proactively address regulatory, environmental, economic, and social policy issues related to the energy sector
- Lead the researching of economic policy submissions and assist in the formation of fiscal policy positions and interface with government departments
- Assist in communicating findings and recommendations to senior management of both CAPP and industry members
- Other requirements as needed may include liaising with industry members and the investment banking community
- Valid passport and willing to travel within North America
Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding academic performance in Economics, Engineering, Finance or other quantitative degree or related designation (CPA, CFA, MBA, P.Eng)
- Three to five years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Excel, Word) with experience in economic modelling
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience working with multidimensional databases would be beneficial
- Strong written and oral communication, leadership, negotiation, stakeholder engagement and facilitation skills are required
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, SEDAR, EDGAR, StatsCan, Wood Mackenzie and other fiscal tools are an asset
- Must be eligible to work in Canada legally
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Enjoys working independently, quickly and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Creative, detail focused and a self-starter
Personable, persistent, confident and comfortable working with all levels of the organization
Please send your cover letter and résumé in confidence to email@example.com by October 21, 2019 referencing “Financial Analyst” in the subject line. We thank all those who apply; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.