Position SummaryThe Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) requires a Research and Marketing Advisor to join the communications team. This is an opportunity for a mid-level communications professional who is motivated to learn, grow and contribute to the overall communications program at CAPP. If you are someone who is detailed oriented but doesn’t lose sight of the forest for the trees, then read on.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Manager, Research and Marketing and has no direct reports. The ideal candidate will understand the crucial role research plays in the development and evaluation of strategy and the art of turning that strategy into engaging, award-winning creative. You like the psychology of people and may have worked on B2C projects where you’ve applied cutting-edge consumer research to influence opinions and perceptions. However, you’re not just from the client-side; you’ve either worked for or worked with creative agencies and know their world. You’ve had the privilege of working on client marketing campaigns, managed budgets and delivered reporting results.
It would also be beneficial if you had a passion for energy. Specifically, Canadian energy. You should possess knowledge of our industry, have an ability to work independently and be one of those sharp critical thinkers.
- Take an active role in supporting the development and delivery of a comprehensive research program at CAPP
- Perform in-house environmental and competitive scans on energy issues to establish benchmarks and conduct ongoing monitoring
- Summarize and synthesize major research findings, and prepare quarterly reports for CAPP
- Provide strategic advice on methods of evaluation and measurement of communications initiatives
- Maintain a calendar of the research projects including budget and key milestones
- Support on-going management of CAPP relationship with research agency of record
- Support and facilitate the planning, approvals and delivery of CAPP’s advertising program
- Work to support on-going management of CAPP relationships with advertising and media planning agencies of record
- Support implementation of the advertising campaign including development and approval of all creative and media buys, and ensure execution is accurate and to a high standard
- Provide superior project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritize multiple projects with a smile
- Develop relationships and work with internal subject-matter experts to verify factual content and secure approvals
- Maintain communications budget tracking and monthly reporting
- Provide communications and marketing support on CAPP special events portfolio and the energy literacy program
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications/Public Relations, Research or related degree/diploma
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in the communications field, preferably in the energy industry
- Demonstrated understanding of research techniques, campaign management, traditional and social media advertising and digital marketing
- Solid industry knowledge and an appetite to remain “in the know”
- Superior research & analytical, project management, writing, editing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of branding and consistent application across multiple platforms
- Creative: not afraid to push boundaries and suggest new creative directions
- Ability to handle diverse communications assignments with tact, courtesy and discretion
- Ability to translate complex data and information into easily understandable narratives
- Good judgment and confidence in decision-making ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and carry projects through to completion within a changing environment, both independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you are a dynamic, energetic self-starter who thrives on new challenges and are interested in this unique and exciting employment opportunity, please forward your resume, and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Research and Marketing Advisor” in the subject line. We thank all those who respond; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.