Office Services Assistant
The Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP) represents companies, large and small, that explore for, develop and produce natural gas and oil throughout Canada. CAPP’s member companies produce about 80 per cent of Canada’s natural gas and oil. CAPP’s associate members provide a wide range of services that support the upstream oil and natural gas industry. Together CAPP’s members and associate members are an important part of a national industry with revenues from oil and natural gas production of about $109 billion a year. CAPP’s mission, on behalf of the Canadian upstream oil and natural gas industry, is to advocate for and enable economic competitiveness and safe, environmentally and socially responsible performance.
We have an immediate opening for an office services assistant who will provide support to the receptionist at CAPP’s corporate office in Calgary. This is a one year contract position.
The office services assistant will be responsible for supporting the receptionist’s accountabilities and helping to ensure the reception area operates in an effective manner, including front desk security of the office, coordinating the use of meeting rooms, greeting and directing visitors, and kitchen duties.
- Direct CAPP visitors to the appropriate CAPP meeting room or employee and offer hospitality
- Assist in the preparation of meeting rooms: making coffee, setting up and cleaning up for breakfast/lunch meetings
- Ability to lift cases of beverages
- Reception coverage
- Process visitor badge protocol
- Answer and transfer phones when covering reception
- Collect and deliver newspapers every morning
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail, promptly route urgent mail
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; couriers and packages
- Load and unload dishwashers throughout the day
- Refill fridges with refreshments for the following day
- Other duties as required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada legally
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer oriented
- Proficient computer skills and fluent in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM database)
- Always portraying a positive and vibrant image of CAPP to the public
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Good judgment, organized, prioritizes workload and meets deadlines
- Accurate and detail oriented; works steadily and conscientiously
- Can handle multiple tasks; flexible, cooperative and team oriented
- Responsible and able to work under extreme pressure
Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence to [email protected] by November 17, 2019 referencing “Office Services Assistant” in the subject line.