The following project was undertaken in an effort to:
- Outline the current difficulties in oil mist sample collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Recommend an air sample collection and analytical method(s) for use by the petroleum industry for the evaluation of worker exposure to oil mist and fire safety risk of this contaminant.
- Outline the limitations of the sample collection and analytical method(s) recommended for evaluation of worker exposure to oil mist.
- Discuss how the results of the sampling can be interpreted with respect to both occupational health and fire safety regulatory requirements.
- Present a list of qualified laboratories that can analyze for oil mist in accordance with the recommended method(s).